Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Tall, blonde, Russian-born and Tel Aviv-raised model Bar Paly is the ultimate model-turned-actress success story, with a long list of accomplishments that goes way beyond the runway. She's the face of Oliver Peoples's 25th Anniversary eyewear campaign (alongside Ray Liotta), the Carl's Jr. supermodel spokeswoman who almost convinces us that we could eat that way and still manage to look like her, and she's made appearances on How I Met Your Mother, NCIS, and The Starter Wife.
Proving staying power and appeal beyond the pages of Maxim and GQ is no small feat; Hollywood is filled with gorgeous, talented models who could never quite make the transition to the silver screen. But not Bar. Need more proof? Look for her with Dianna Agron in Headlock and Pierce Brosnan in Urge, and you'll see that Bar has gracefully ascended to her new role as model-turned-actual-movie-star. We got to know the stunning beauty a little better, and she offered us a glimpse inside her MeDusa envelope clutch (a cruelty-free Israeli brand that we're now obsessed with) to see what she never leaves home without.
1. I Smell Great Perfume in Wild Honey. This is one of my faves. My hot friend Randi Shinder started the company and I'm addicted to their products! Every time I wear them I get compliments. And they have a really cool mix and match concept where you can layer the scents to make all new ones, which rocks!
2. ICE+JAM Lipstick in Ouch Ouch You're On My Hair. The names of the colors just make me laugh. And my lips are always dry (ugh, don't ask me why) and ICE+JAM lipsticks are super hydrating while giving me that perfect pinkish hue! And the cap has a little mirror build in. How perfect is that?
3. KohGenDo Maifanshi Pressed Powder. This is for all those meetings and auditions, because shiny is not a good look on camera. It's silky feeling and never cake-y. A must have for me!
4. Chocolate. Anything dark will do! For that extra pick me up after 4:00pm. (Yeah, that's the excuse I keep telling myself for gobbling chocolate every day!)
5. Tangle Teaser compact brush. It's compact, and it takes out the knots without breaking my hair.
6. Oliver Peoples Jacey sunnies. I did their 25th anniversary campaign a few years ago, and since then I'm obsessed with these frames. I love the modern cat-eye look.
7. Smashbox 3D Eye Liner in Gemstone. It's always sharp, so you don't have to carry a sharpener! And this mid-tone brown with berry hues makes my natural green eye color stand out even more. The trick to making your eye color pop is lining them in complimentary colors.
8. My phone with the game app Heads Up! because I'm all about games, game nights and anything competitive. This is a great game to pull out at parties or just to pass time on set. My best category is movies.