Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Coveting the latest high pony that Kim Kardashian sported? Or how about that tight bun that Chrissy Teigen rocks so effortlessly? Both are thanks to superstar hair stylist Laura Polko, whose current client roster reads like a night out at The Nice Guy. Laura is a Kardashian/Jenner secret weapon at this point, with an incredibly well-rounded portfolio that includes major editorial campaigns as well as celebrity photo shoots (including advertising work for LA standby, Wildfox).
Laura's currently serves as Scüci's official celebrity stylist, and she's been the lead stylist at New York Fashion Week — did we mention she did Beyoncé's hair in "Pretty Hurts"? This is seriously big league stuff right here. In between gigs, Laura took a moment from her jet setting lifestyle to open up her classic Chanel bag and give us a peek at what she never leaves home without.
1. Scünci’s hair ties. I always wear my hair down, but I love to workout. I like to always have one of these hair ties in my bag so I can easily throw my hair up into a low pony or a loose braid.
2. Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes in black. This is the ultimate mascara of all time; I always have it with me.
3. Tweezers. Between NY and LA traveling, I’m always in the back of an Uber. The best lighting is always in the car.
4. MAC Matchmaster Shade Intelligence Compact. This is my go-to foundation because it gives solid coverage but still lets you see your skin.
5. MAC Highlighter. This is for my cheekbones to help me look awake.
6. Benefit Bronzer. A great everyday bronzer and the brush it comes with is perfect for on-the-go contouring.
7. Pixi Rose Oil. I love this for my face, it’s so refreshing and preps my skin for anything.
8. Stila eyeliner. This is my favorite because it’s perfect for daytime wear but can easily be used to add on a wing for a nighttime look.