Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Petite-framed powerhouse Nia Sioux is 15 years old and already a gorgeous triple threat, totally poised to become a Hollywood mainstay. While she's famous for getting her start on Lifestyle's addictive reality show Dance Moms (those sparkly outfits are still the world), Nia is coming into her own as a singer and actress — her music videos slay, she recently performed at The Mint, she takes regular acting lessons, and she's just joined the Off-Broadway company for Trip of Love. To say that things are happening for the superstar talent, who commands an impressive social media following, is a massive understatement.
The teen dream gushed to us about her love of all things Beyoncé, the importance of studying (mind you, Nia is still in school during all of this), and her unwavering devotion to the power of nude lipsticks; her current rotation unsurprisingly includes a Kylie lip kit. Given her appeal, inspiring work ethic — Nia is #gymgoals — and seriously confident red carpet style, we were dying to get a look inside her studded black MCM backpack to see what she never leaves home without.
1. Ted Baker wallet. This is my first grown-up wallet. It's also a great souvenir because I bought it in Australia.
2. Altoids. Fresh breath is a must. No need to say more.
3. The GymWrap. As an active person, you'll often find me in the dance studio, at Pilates, or in the gym, so I need to keep my hair nice and edges fresh. These keep me from sweating out my edges when I have a fabulous workout. I want to be stylish when I'm working out and preserve my hair style for the cameras and upcoming events.
4. Kylie Lip Kit. I love nude lipsticks and I have a great collection of lipsticks in general. I usually keep three or four in my bag at all times. Dose of Color, Anastasia, and the Kylie Cosmetics are some of my absolute favorites.
5. A book. I love to read and I always have a book on hand in case I have a moment. Books are my great escape, and right now I'm reading Maya Angelou's I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings as part of my studies for school.
6. Bee keychain. This represents the Beyhive; I'm a huge Beyoncé fan and she's one of my absolute favorite artists. I'm going to my first Beyoncé concert and I can't wait to see the Formation Tour!