Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In terms of who's hot in the young Hollywood scene right now, leggy starlet Bella Thorne is sitting pretty as queen bee. In addition to being a Disney TV show phenomenon, the 18-year-old babe has a film career that won't quit and also recently teamed up with Burt's Bees on their new #LoveYourNature campaign; Burt's new line of semi-matte lipsticks looks gorgeous on her (but really, what wouldn't).
Apart from her awesome acting chops, Bella's got killer style and is a social media maverick — her total number of Instagram followers comes in just shy of 12 million, and she knows how to give us what we want, namely, behind-the-scenes photos of her fashion sense in action. We sat down with the lithe, statuesque actress — looking fierce as hell in long braids and towering Versace 'Medusa' sandals — to get a look inside her sleek black Céline trio bag to see what she never leaves home without.
1. Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush powder. I always have to carry a little bit of powder, just because I need touch-ups on my T-zone. Tilbury has the nicest makeup.
2. Black choker. I carry tons of chokers all the time. They always end up tangled in my bag, but I'm constantly looking for an extra one. I may have eight on at the same time, but it's still not enough.
3. Mini hair brush. I need this just to quickly brush my hair out. It's so easy because it's so small. I always take a shower right before I go to bed, and I'll get out of the shower and I'm not about to comb it out, so I sleep on it and then I wake up and I go out and I have to brush my hair because it looks like crap.
4. Burt's Bees Lipstick in Suede Splash. This is a more natural color. I usually wear a brown or red tone, and I usually don't go out with makeup, but I love having my lips be on point all the time. What's great about this one is that it's actually more like a moisturizer. It's great because I don't really feel like I'm wearing lipstick and it still feels natural, even when the sun shines on it and it fills up the creases in my lips.
5. Ban.do zip pouch. I never used to change my purse, but now I do all the time. I carry extra rings in it, and I carry gift cards in it and I love the size because it fits in a small bag. I only carry a wallet when I'm using a big tote, like my gray faux-croc purse from YSL.
6. iPhone portable charger. I need a phone charger at all times. It's Skinnydip London (they have a bunch of cool stuff), and I always like chargers but none of them are cute, but this one is. I have a matching cord.
7. MAC face brush. I need a makeup brush, even if you're not using makeup on it, just to get the oils off your face — almost like a blotter.