Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Imagine a fashion blogstar Hall of Fame. Without a doubt, petite powerhouse Chriselle Lim would be inducted immediately. The fashion tour de force is always on the move, darting from project to project and documenting her fabulous finds along the way. Between her blog, The Chriselle Factor, her YouTube channel (which regularly garners 83,000 views per video), and her incredibly successful Instagram feed, the trend-setting lifestyle icon is on fire.
Part of Chriselle's appeal is not only her impeccable taste, but her sheer accessibility; she loves communicating and sharing with her followers and her enthusiasm for all things beautiful is infectious. Did we mention she's also a mommy? Yeah, she's pretty major #goals. We were lucky enough to get a peek inside Chriselle's Derek Lam 'Mini Ave A' bag to find out what she never leaves home without — and we're hoping that the key to becoming a wildly popular, classic fashion blogger is buried somewhere in there.
1. Miu Miu glasses. I wear contacts and usually my eyes are good and don’t dry out, but you never know what could happen! That’s why I always carry around my glasses with me just in case. I don’t know what I would do if my contacts fell out and I didn’t have my second pair of eyes!
2. Gentle Monster Sunnies. Gentle Monster is one of my favorite brands because they carry the coolest frames. Since my face is so angular, I gravitate toward more cat-eye shaped frames to offset my strong jawline. Not to mention, these are just the coolest sunnies ever.
3. Mophie charger. I’m constantly on my phone creating content for my readers. Whether it’s Snapchat or Instagram or responding to comments on the blog, all of these social media platforms can eat up my phone’s battery. I swear by my Mophie because it’s not only my travel essential but I always carry it around no matter where I go. It’s the most stressful thing ever when your battery turns red!
4. Vlogging Camera. I always carry my vlogging camera with me because it’s important to create real and authentic content for my viewers on the channel. This Sony rx100 is small and portable, which makes it easy to carry around all day. It has a front facing viewfinder which makes it great for selfie videos!
5. 8 Greens Tablets. Making sure that I stay healthy and getting my daily greens is super important to me. Ever since I discovered the 8 Greens tablets, it’s become a part of my daily routine. I never have to worry about whether or not I’m eating all of my greens because I have this everywhere I go.
6. Gum. Because fresh breath is always a good idea!
7. Avène Facial Mist. I keep my skin fresh and dewy by using this French facial mist.
8. Glossier Balm Dot Com. I absolutely swear by this product. It’s so moisturizing and I love the new mint flavor!
9. Chanel Lip Color. I love this Chanel lip color because it’s so saturated and it applies so smoothly.
10. Bobbi Brown Blush. I always keep this Bobbi Brown blush in my purse to add a bit of color to my cheeks on the days I feel tired. A little bit of color goes a long way!
11. Smythson Wallet. I don’t like to carry big wallets anymore, so this monogrammed leather card holder is all I need!