Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Hands down one of the top reasons to watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is to get a peek inside some seriously incredible closets. RHOBH veteran and old-school LA girl Kyle Richards finally graduated to a huge walk-in closet, complete with a pull-out sofa bed, which permits accessibility to her amazing collection of designer bags. A self-professed "bag and shoe girl," Kyle's got the means to make our wildest accessories fantasies come true. (A look inside her store, Kyle by Alene Too, only confirms that.)
It was hardly a surprise, then, to catch Kyle with an enormous, sunny yellow bag on her arm, practically overwhelming her tiny frame (if you've seen the show, you'll know that Kyle has the classic Balenciaga 'City' tote in a veritable rainbow of bright hues). We caught up with the reality TV star after a lesson on body contouring to take a look inside her bag, which is surprisingly filled with a few medical and dental essentials.
1. Sama Eyewear sunnies. I always have them in my purse because who goes around LA without sunglasses?
2. iPhone. I’m a mom, a wife, and I own a business. My family needs to be able to find me—and of course I’m active on social media!
3. Make Up For Ever Lip Blush. My favorite brand of makeup. They have the best lipsticks and foundations.
4. Bobbi Brown Concealer. Can’t live without that.
5. Hot Mama theBalm blush. My favorite brand of blush. I never leave home without it.
6. Chanel Wallet. Small and classic to keep the essentials in!
7. Water. I’m very active and I need to keep hydrated so I always have a bottle of water or green juice.
8. EpiPen. I’m allergic to bees so I carry this around!
9. Systane Lubricant Eye Drops. I have chronically dry eyes so I carry eye drops in my bag all the time.
10. Nassif MD Peri-Orbital Complex. I always carry this in my purse to keep my under eye area hydrated.
11. Plackers. I have OCD about flossing my teeth so I keep one of these with me all the time.