Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Style star Katie Nehra is the ultimate triple threat; she's an actress, screenwriter, and designer who runs a fabulous line of bespoke leather and femme-sized, shrunken varsity jackets, Simone Collection, favorited by the likes of Mary-Kate Olsen, Nicole Richie, Kristen Stewart, and Rachel Zoe. She's also featuring in the forthcoming movie Mr. Right (released April 8th in theaters and on VOD), starring opposite Anna Kendrick, and she's currently writing a screenplay.
The LA tastemaker's personal style leans toward laid-back, rocker luxury, with vintage tees, jeans, and of course, a leather jacket. The self-described "jacket gangsta" curates a kick-ass Instagram, with tons of beauty shots showing off her gorgeous blonde locks and covet-worthy wardrobe. We checked in with Katie to get a peek inside her Louis Vuitton bag to see what she can't leave home without.
1. My new fave hand cream is by Grown Alchemist. This scent is really good and has a Persian Rose/Argan extract. I like that it's not greasy.
2. I keep Pawpaw Ointment in my bag because you can use it for anything!
3. My fave La Mer concealer.
4. Doggie bags and doggie treats for my new puppy, Arthur. They’re by Natural Balance. Break off a piece like doggie crack!
5. I always carry cash because you never know what will happen!
6. An Hermés wallet that I've had forever and you can fit so much in it.
7. I have a Clinique Lip Chubby, too. These last all day and don't dry out your lips!