Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
As we gear up for round two of Coachella 2016 parties, it's time to zero-in on the exact style moments that made the most impact on last weekend's festival in the desert. Our friends over at Lyst gathered some exclusive data for us, revealing that—despite Rihanna and Leo's surprise 'Chella rendezvous, and various supermodel sightings—festivalgoers were more interested in the specific looks donned by five young stars.
The chosen tastemakers may be young in age, but their cool ensembles offer serious throwback vibes (and are sans fringe, miraculously!), proving that what's old is definitely new again. Takeaway: keep everything and never stop vintage shopping.
THE CELEBS AND TRENDS
1. Suki Waterhouse. While the English model and actress appeared to be much more covered up than the average Coachella dresser, her retro look was impactful enough to increase Tommy Hilfiger sales. Lyst saw a whopping 207% increase in searches for the brand after she sported Tommy's classic overalls on Day One.
2. Taylor Swift. When T-Swift innocently 'grammed her revelation that "chokers are the new flower crowns," searches for chokers increased by 70% just in the last three days.
3. Kendall Jenner. It's no surprise that the Jenner sisters made this list. Although Kendall's Anine Bing bralette was definitely a hit, Aquazzura's "Tulum" sandal ($650) has scored an impressive 110% increase in views in the last 48 hours.
4. Kylie Jenner. The '90s Kate Moss-esque black slip dress King Kylie wore at the Revolve party has received 27,000 searches, which is pretty nuts. (Revolve tells us that it's the Trois Claudia slip dress; they sent it to her stylist Monica Rose.)
5. Brooklyn Beckham. The lone guy on this list is Victoria and David Beckham's eldest son, who was spotted at Rachel Zoe's #ZOEasis party on Saturday. Lyst tells us that Brooklyn's tropical shirt triggered 15,000 page views for men's Gucci florals. Who knew?
Last but not least, in case you're wondering exactly where to shop for your dream Weekend Two look (or want to avoid looking like everybody else), below are the brands that receive a major increase in searches and sales during Coachella, according to Lyst: