Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Let's be real: it's almost impossible to imagine the LA fashion scene without Clare Vivier's influence. There's a reason why celebrities like Katie Holmes and Jessica Alba can't get enough of her eponymous line, Clare V.; all of her bags and accessories are accessible, trend-setting without being try-hard, and a perfect representation of what Cali style is all about. Clare's Parisian sensibilities and modern, simple aesthetic infuse her designs with a uniquely practical, functional, and crisp attention to detail that's always on point and simultaneously high-end and accessible.
The CFDA member has collaborated with some serious heavy-hitters—the list includes Steven Alan, GOOP, & Other Stories—and we were lucky enough to get a look inside her (obviously Clare V.) navy blue "Lou" bag to see what she never leaves home without.
1. Gold and silver barrettes from Korea. I recently returned from Seoul and they have wonderful stores devoted solely to hair accessories there. We went wild (I bought a lot).
3. This pink, red, and white bobble key fob I bought at a sale at Ariel Gordon’s studio. I love it.
5. Jacks. I used to play all the time in grade school and we are now working on a pouch for them so I’ve been able to revisit my skills. It’s so fun!
6. ReNu eye drops. I wear contact lenses so I always have to have eye drops.
7. Clare V. monogrammed Mike’s Card Case in Couio (it's a veg-tanned leather).