Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Besides bikinis and back-to-back pool parties, spring means the return of outdoor movie screenings. Since the warmer season is just a few days away (March 20th, to be exact), one of our favorite scenic cinema concepts, the UK's Rooftop Film Club, is giving us an exclusive first peek at their April evening showcase taking place at Hollywood's historic Montalban Theater.
See below for a look at a whopping 18 cool, cult-favorite films to catch there—ranging from indie hits like Tangerine to blockbusters like Mad Max to the always-relevant Clueless—and secure your $17 tickets (plus booking fee) here soon. All screenings are 18 and over and include high-quality wireless headphones, comfy seats and access to stellar street food from faves like Farmer's Belly.
· April 6th — Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
· April 7th — Straight Outta Compton (2015)
· April 8th — Carol (2015)
· April 9th — Tangerine (2015)
· April 12th — Casablanca (1942)
· April 13th — The Big Short (2015)
· April 14th — Blade Runner (1982)
· April 15th — The Big Lebowski (1998)
· April 16th — Pulp Fiction (1994)
· April 19th — Dirty Dancing (1987)
· April 21st — Back to the Future (1985)
· April 22nd — Top Gun (1986)
· April 23rd — Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
· April 26th — Clueless (1994)
· April 27th — Cinema Paradiso (1988)
· April 28th — Amy (2015)