Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Street style star Natalie Joos possesses the enviable skill of being able to put an outfit together in a way that looks unplanned, easy, and naturally chic. With tousled blonde hair and a killer instinct for sourcing cool pieces, the Belgian-born writer and stylist launched her website Tales of Endearment in 2010 to express her passion for vintage, showcase her favorite looks, and share funny, smart tales of travel and fashion.
Natalie has since expanded Tales of Endearment to include an e-commerce section called Tales of Vintage, where you can shop unworn vintage clothes directly from her insane collection (this Helmut Lang sweater is everything.) Beginning this Saturday, March 19th, you'll be able to browse finds that aren't on the website at Natalie's Abbot Kinney pop-up, setting up shop at disco-boho vintage spot The Pistol Club through the end of the month. With the pop-up offering you a look inside Natalie's closet, we took a peek inside her Little Liffner equestrian-inspired bag.
1. Sony RX100 camera. It's an amazing digital camera with a Carl Zeiss lens and built in WiFi so you can send pictures straight from the camera to your phone. It’s especially useful at night when you need a flash, or when you’re at a fashion show and models are swooshing by. No more blurry or underexposed pictures! I even take pictures out the window when I’m driving—it’s fantastic.
2. Keratin Complex Kerabalm. For my unruly curls that need tempering sometimes.
3. Balenciaga sunglasses. Everyone should have black cat-eyes.
4. Nars Satin Lipstick in Rosecliff, the new nude color they just launched.
5. Shiseido Soft Sepia lip pencil. I’m so used to lip liner that I can’t wear lipstick without first contouring my lips. I don’t know how people don't use lip liner.
6. Hermès coin purse. I stole it from my mom.
7. Car keys! Recently added after moving from New York. That’s still kind of freaky.