Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Contemporary style star Alexa Chung was totally channeling forever fashion icon Jane Birkin when she stepped out of Venice's Intelligentsia Coffee Bar on Tuesday, right down to her little basket purse—which, btw, was sweetly carried by her actor beau, Alexander Skarsgard.
Currently a Contributing Editor for British Vogue, Chung embodied a cool Cali style, which even included repping a local brand. In addition to her oxblood leather ballet flats (Martiniano, we suspect) and A-line skirt, she sported a black ribbed tank and grey cashmere sweater by LA's own Ragdoll.
Below see where other celebs shopped for clothing, books, skincare, and even crystals, and where one reality star twerked mid-Pilates class.
· Bookmarc LA (8409 Melrose Place): "Bella Hadid shops at a bookstore and grabs coffee with some friends in West Hollywood on February 18, 2016." [Zimbio]
· Kate Somerville (8428 Melrose Place): "Singer Sam Smith did some shopping in West Hollywood on February 18, 2016." [Zimbio]
· Crystalarium (8500 Melrose Avenue #105): "Halle Berry did a little shopping on Wednesday and checked out exotic crystals and quartz at a showroom on trendy Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles." [Daily Mail]
· Marc Jacobs (8400 Melrose Avenue): "Lily-Rose Depp looks chilly as she takes a walk with a friend and her body guard on Thursday afternoon (February 18) in West Hollywood, Calif. The 16-year-old daughter of Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis was headed to do some shopping at a Marc Jacobs store." [Just Jared]
· Carrie's Pilates Plus (8500 Melrose Avenue #104): Kendra Wilkinson was proud to flaunt her moves as she attended a Pilates class in West Hollywood on Wednesday." [Daily Mail]