Now through February 22nd, Louis Vuitton is hosting an artsy fashion exhibit called "Louis Vuitton Series 2 - Past, Present, Future." Set in a massive Hollywood warehouse, the unconventional showcase is open daily from 10am to 6pm and is FREE to the public, which is pretty incredible considering how special and exclusive it feels inside. If you caught our Instagram snap from the scene yesterday, you'll see that we caught a preview of the space to witness creative director Nicolas Ghesquière's genius in the flesh. Here, eight reasons why you need to hit "Series 2" up this weekend, and at least once a week until it closes.
1. The Talking Faces room is the future, straight-up. Although all seven rooms of the exhibit are pretty spectacular, this room blows our mind because it feels like we stepped into the Starship Enterprise or something. The infinite mirrors and holograms of models from Louis Vuitton's spring/summer 2015 ready-to-wear collection give viewers a rare glimpse of Ghesquière's show, which took place on October 1st, 2014 inside the brand new Fondation Louis Vuitton in Paris.
2. The Magic Trunk room is super Shazam-worthy. Although this area is meant to salute both the French luxury label's signature luggage and the House's history, we couldn't resist busting out our phones to ID the presentation's soundtrack, which featured everyone from Beyonce to Conan Mockasin to Luca Antolini & Andrea Montorsi.
Another peek at the Magic Trunk room. These holograms are everything.
3. The Savoir-Faire room holds all the secrets to the world. Specifically, the secrets of Louis Vuittons painstakingly flawless craftsmanship. The clock symbolizes the House's focus on the meticulous hours it takes to produce one of their timeless pieces.
4. The Accessories Gallery is bold, bright, and white. This might be our second favorite room for the fact that it contains actual 3D prints of model Marte Mei van Haaster's avatar from the spring/summer 2015 collection. The room contains mounds of accessories from the LV archives...
...like this shoe trunk that belonged to legendary starlet Greta Garbo. NBD.
5. We can get lost in the Infinite Show area for hours. The first image of this story is from this room, too. Infinite Show offers a 360-degree projection of the spring/summer 2015 runway presentation, showcasing a continual loop of all 48 looks. (We wouldn't mind if these mirrors were in our dressing room, too.)
6. The Backstage room really feels like you're behind-the-scenes at the show. Tricked out with racks, actual pieces from the show, and vibrant action shots, this area demonstrates the raw electricity that everyone backstage encounters, and all the hard work it takes to roll each look out onto the runway.
7. The Poster room is your best Instagram waiting to happen. Filled with photographs by Annie Leibovitz, Juergen Teller, and Bruce Weber, this room displays LV's "Series 2" advertising campaign in an incredibly cool and unique way.
8. There are free stickers! Before leaving the show, Louis Vuitton invites patrons to grab one or all thirteen pop-inspired stickers from the sticker wall, which are FREE, just like the exhibit.
Louis Vuitton Series 2 - Past, Present, Future" runs now through Sunday, February 22nd and is open daily from 10am to 6pm.