Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If you're a budget-minded beauty buff, chances are you've already cleared your sched for tomorrow's highly-anticipated Stila Cosmetics warehouse sale, which promises up to 80% off the brand's bestsellers and more. The one-day blowout invades the Derby Dolls's new El Sereno HQ from 8am to 3pm, and there are a few more things to know before you go.
Above, check out a sneak peek of a few products expected to make an appearance at the sale (including Stila's bestselling Stay All Day Eye Liner) and see a handy guide to the sale rules and more 411 below.
1. Die-hards are known for queuing up early, so plan accordingly. We're told early birds have lined up as early as as 2am, but most bargain hunters arrive from 5 to 7am.
2. Shoppers will be allowed inside in groups. Stila tells us that people will be ushered in "at a pace that makes it an enjoyable experience. In other words, no scrambling/pushing is needed and is not allowed—or even necessary."
3. Cash and credit are accepted. There will be a $600 spending limit, however.
4. No large handbags or strollers are allowed. The better for a fuss-free shopping experience, right?
5. Expect quite the knowledgeable staff. "We have lots of friendly staffers on hand that can give advice on what's best for customers based on their needs, their complexion, their style, looks they want to achieve, [and] how to apply [products]."
6. Street parking will be available. We suggest scoping out the lay of the land via Google Street View and wearing sneakers to ensure a comfy walk, if needed.