Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photos: Elizabeth Daniels and Danielle Directo-Meston
- Photo: Elizabeth DanielsMarnie Alton, Bar
- Photo: Elizabeth DanielsNaomi Priestle
- Photo: Elizabeth DanielsErica Enyon, Easto
- Jacquelyn Umof, RockIt Body Pilates: Latin tunes are this former Laker Girl's beat of choice for getting the perfect booty. "I'm loving
- Photo: Elizabeth DanielsDrew Lipson, Orang
- Photo: Elizabeth DanielsKeith Johnson, C
- Photo: Elizabeth DanielsByron Quiros, Lot
- Jeff Schine, Studio Metamorphosis: "Ego is the great killer of just about everything. Going into a workout with a preconceived notion of w
- Amy McGuire, Pop Physique: When it comes to motivational music, "I find that songs with a strong 4/4 back beat and soul lead me to better
- Jai Franklin, The Dailey Method: The Westside-based barre instructor is all about rising and shining early. "My favorite class to teach
- Megan Lynn Strand, Exhale Mind Body Spa: There's no room for slacking for this motivating Core Fusion instructor. "Laziness doesn't
- Photo: Elizabeth DanielsAngela Davis, So
- Photo: Elizabeth DanielsPJ Stahl, Lockbox LA<
- Marco Reed, LIFT West Hollywood and Factory Fitness: To give his clients the full experience, Reeds ends every workout with a calming Om.
- Lamar Gordon, David Barton Gym: "Fitness isn't a half-assed effort. Be consistent or don't do it all."
- Tolland Weems, AuraCycle: Remember that you're not alone in your sweat session pain. "If [my students] do not respond to me or give me
Our juice pals aren't the only ones who are experts in dispensing wise advice. During our search for 2014's hottest trainer, we pressed our sweat-obsessed contestants for their best fitness tips, motivational music, and more. To help you make 2015 the Best Year Ever in the gym, indoor cycling studio, or whever it is you prefer to burn calories, here's a roundup of all 16 fitness instructors's best words of workout wisdom.