Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Keeping with tradition, we've tapped another major celeb stylist to survey the Golden Globes red carpet's very best looks. As our sister site Racked National points out, there were many feats and flops on the scene last night, so we're leaving it to a professional—star go-to Anita Patrickson—to identify who managed to dodge the blah.
In addition to dressing babes like Marisa Tomei and Chanel Iman, Patrickson recently co-founded The International Style Institute, which is making its debut in partnership with Simply Stylist at The Grove on February 27th. (Learn more and buy tickets here.) Now, onto her picks.
1. Sienna Miller in Miu Miu: "This dress is the perfect blend of elegant and fresh yet completely glamorous and with a vintage feel to it. Just when you think Sienna can't possibly be the best dressed yes AGAIN.. she pulls it out the bag! Her tousled bob and simple one strap metallic sandals compliment the shape and embellishments on the dress, each element balancing the other perfectly."
2. Naomi Watts in Gucci: "Sunshine yellow has been a huge trend on the runways and the bright sunny hue is perfect on the fair haired actress. Perfectly paired with her Bulgari show-stopping white diamond snake necklace and gorgeous red lip."
3. Emma Stone in Lanvin: "I'm a sucker for a jumpsuit and this one is next level. The perfect blend of fun and chic. It's a quirky twist on a black tie look, highlighting her gorgeous figure and bubbly personality. I love her fun, red, choppy bob juxtaposed with the bejeweled bodice and simple black pants."
4. Kate Hudson in Versace: "White hot Kate has the perfect body for this form fitting laced up sexy gown with a plunging neckline. Kate's sleek hair and minimal accessories paired with the simplicity and clean silhouette of the dress are what makes this a red carpet statement. Less is definitely more in this case!"
5. Dakota Johnson in Chanel Haute Couture: "This dress is like liquid mercury! Chanel couture is tough to beat and this shimmery and uber glamorous gown is the perfect choice for this major Hollywood red carpet and mega moment for this A list star. Keeping the shoes and jewels monochromatic and the effortless undone nature of Dakotas signature bangs and textured hair balance out the sparkly beadwork on the gown."
· Celeb Stylist Joey Tierney's Top Five Golden Globes Looks [Racked]
· Where Celeb Stylist Anita Patrickson Finds Cool Cozy Sweaters [Racked]