Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photos by Elizabeth Daniels
- Why did it take so long for Wildfox to open a store? "We've been focused on expanding the brand with swim, sun, denim, accessories and now fragrance. We wanted our first store to be well-rounded and now it will be."
- What is Wildfox's best-selling item right now? "Many of our fall 2014 pieces are selling quick but a standout would be the Wildfox True Star School House Cardi
- What are some merchandise highlights in this store? "Fall 2014 is definitely the highlight. We’re the only store to offer the full collection."
- Besides hosting shopping events and parties, what else would you love to do with this store? "We’re looking forward to events highlighting our Wildfox Kids line [above], such as Mommy &
- What else does Wildfox have coming down the pipeline? "We have a fragrance with Elizabeth Arden launching Spring 2015. Exciting stuff!"
- Are any other retail locations in the works? "There are! We'll begin construction on our second store at Malibu Country Mart next year."
- The decadent dressing room area.
- The store also carries jewelry from Leenabell designer Monica Stanley. Items include her vintage collection of repurposed, one-of-a-kind pieces ($100-$1800), her fine/custom coll
- In addition to a collection of Wildfox Sun styles that can be purchased on the spot, the store will soon offer shoppers the ability to customize their frames.
- Gift ideas.
- The charming outdoor patio is Chateau Marmont-meets-Beverly Hills Hotel.
After a few weeks of anticipation, Wildfox finally opened the doors to its first-ever flagship, located at Sunset Plaza next door to Armani Exchange. As expected, the space is nothing short of enchanting, offering a unique shopping experience that feels like you've stepped into one of the LA label's signature dreamy lookbooks.
Explore the store below and catch our chat with CEO Jimmy Sommers, who exclusively reveals to us that Wildfox is set to open their next retail location at Malibu Country Mart next year!
How did you select this specific location?
"Sunset Boulevard is history! I've lived in LA for 20 years and I've seen every retail location there is. The Sunset Plaza was cool 20 years ago and it's still cool. I'm happy to say our flagship store is in a prime location."
Wildfox is open Sunday through Thursday from 11am to 7pm and Friday through Saturday from 11am to 9pm.
· Wildfox [Official Site]
· Wildfox's First Flagship Store Hits Sunset Plaza This Fall [Racked]