- Images via Sasha Eisenman
- "This is Christina. She is an actress, and at the time was doing some work in Japan and Hong Kong, I believe. I went over to meet her at her house in Echo Park. She was doing more or less this when I arrived: hanging out in her backyard, laying in the sun
- "This is Lauren. Unlike a lot of the girls in the book, I had never met Lauren before the day we took these pictures. She was a friend of a friend who had heard about the book I was doing and wanted to be a part of it. We shot this in my backyard in Silve
- "This is Loulou and Jasmin. They were pretty inseparable at this time, besties. Jasmin's folks had this amazing property up in Ojai and we went there to take these pictures. It was the very beginning of spring, and the whole place was covered in flowers
- "This is Kiana. She is from Santa Barbara, so I went up there and spent the afternoon with her doing these pictures. She had this great cow's skull that she had painted. We did this picture, then we thought it might look cool to light a colored smoke bomb
- "This is Jennifer. This was a really fun day; we had sort of snuck down to this semi private beach in Malibu and set up a little beach day camp with chairs, blankets and Coronas. Another girl named Symina was with us along with my friend Jared who was hel
- "I love this shot of Maizy lounging in her parents living room at their Pacific Palisades home. Maizy has a doll-like quality; that combined with this setting gives this photograph a painterly sort of quality. Maizy went off to school at Oxford shortly af
If you're a fan of The Selby's playful point-of-view and Gypset Style's inspiring imagery, add this book to your must-read roster. On October 31, SoCal fashion photographer Sasha Eisenman is set to release California Girls: an enchanting collection of photographs that salute our state's laid-back ladies.
In anticipation of the new tome, Eisenman—whose "loose, natural and somewhat romantic" work has appeared everywhere, from i-D to Teen Vogue—gives us an exclusive look inside the project, complete with commentary. Which of his California girls do you identify with the most?