Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
First things first: Yes, there are Pashli bags in a handful of textures and sizes (including the above) at 3.1 Phillip Lim's sample sale, which kicks off at 9am today. We got a sneak peek at the cult-fave designer's merch last night and though photos were not allowed (per the usual), we have much to report:
1. The sale is at a new location. Don't head to the Cooper Building—the sale is now at 721 S Los Angeles Street, just a few blocks away from its old spot.
2. No outside bags allowed. Staff will check your bags at the door, so skip this step and just bring your phone and a small wallet.
3. Inventory will be replenished. Styles will be restocked both days of the sale, so stop by early on Friday if you think you might've missed out today.
4. There are plenty of bags and accessories. We spotted Pashli mini satchels, medium bags, and backpacks, plus 31 Hour bags, 31 Minute and 31 Second pouches, and Scout small crossbodies;
sadly, no Ryder bags there were also a handful of neon pink calf hair Ryder bags. Large bags are $450, medium bags are $300, small bags are $200, clutches are $150 and small leather goods are $100 and under. Sunnies and opticals are $75 and belts are $50. If you're in it for the bags, we highly suggest arriving early as stock was already being swiftly snapped up at last night's preview.
5. Once again, outerwear is stacked. Like last year, the sale offers shearling coats ($900), fur coats ($700), leather jackets ($550), embellished vests ($400) and sweaters ($150 to $300). There are plenty of pom pom bomber jackets, too. Men's jackets include denim ($200) and leather ($500).
6. Women's and men's apparel is fairly sizable. During last night's visit, clothing was available in an array of sizes. Dresses are $400 to $500, bottoms are $75 to $350, tops are $75 to $200; however, no 'OMG' or 'CASH ONLY' tops. As far as men's merch, tops are $75 to $200 and bottoms are $75 to $100.
7. Shoes are $100, but sizing may be limited. Staff is regulating the shoe area, located at the back of the space. When we arrived at the preview a couple hours in, smaller sizes were going quick. We spotted sandals, platforms, pointy-toed flats and fall-ready boots, including these Vincent ankle-strap mules and these leather strapped sandals.
8. No loungewear or swimwear. Unlike last last year, there's no swim separates or lingerie from the designer's Initials line.
The general takeaway? Arrive early to get the best picks before all stock sells out. Good luck, and tell us what you scored in the comments!
· 3.1 Phillip Lim [Official Site]
· Yes: 3.1 Phillip Lim's Sample Sale Returns to DTLA This Week [Racked]
· 3.1 Phillip Lim's DTLA Sample Sale: Rad Bags, Killer Outerwear [Racked]