Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Jewelry and accessories for women and men are on display on the first floor, which also houses production facilities.
- The centerpiece features sculpted paper accents alongside Reed's sustainably-sourced diamond jewelry and more.
- Men's jewelry and accessories are displayed within upcycled wood cases.
- Men's jewelry, including jadite rings and sterling silver chain necklaces.
- Jeweler Todd Reed (that's him on the left!) in the midst of a private client consultation on the second floor.
- The second floor houses a bridal shop, offices, and an industrial-cool outdoor atrium.
- What you see when you enter the third-floor living space.
- Interior decor accents include mid-century modern furniture, Reed's art collection and some very cool stone-inspired cushions.
Last month, we revealed that Colorado-based fine jeweler Todd Reed's sustainably-sourced gems were gracing Abbot Kinney. As promised, Reed's industrial-chic Venice boutique made its grand debut this month. Offering the designer's elegantly raw accoutrements on the first floor, a bridal shop and offices on the second floor, and a mid-century modern-inspired living space on the third floor, the space will serve as Reed's first-ever West Coast flagship.
Located in marketing firm AK1511's former building, the 6,000-square-foot space was dreamed up by Denver-based architecture firm Tres Birds, which decked out the three-story steel structure with a dramatic vertical garden and upcycled wood accents. "Our Boulder space is very operational," Reed tells us, but "the Venice space [is] much more romantic—the nearby ocean makes this space feel more relaxed; Boulder has the mountains which are beautiful, but create a different energy."
· Todd Reed Jewelry [Official Site]
· Jeweler Todd Reed's Incredibly Luxe Gems Coming to Venice [Racked]
· Ethical Fine Jeweler Todd Reed's Venice Shop Opens Next Week [Racked]