Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The shop will exclusively stock Hourglass's Equilibrium skincare line, which includes their Biomimetic Skin Active Serum, an anti-aging "micronized oil-in-water emulsion that triggers epidermal renewal." Whoa.
- The brand's entire line of cosmetics will be stocked, including their refillable Femme Rouge velvet creme lipstick.
- Primers, foundations, bronzers and more from Hourglass's Complexion line.
- The second level will host makeup classes and private services, including a Google Glass-powered sesh so that clients can relive (and rewatch) their prettification experience.
Hourglass Cosmetics has made Venice its home base since founder Carisa Janes launched the science-based brand in 2004. After a decade of beautifying industry insiders, celebs, and professional pretty people—most recently the faces of Oscar de La Renta's spring 2015 runway—the luxe makeup company is unveiling its first standalone store on Abbot Kinney next Monday.
Located across from TOMS and just a block west from Caudalie, Hourglass's two-story beauty boutique offers their cult-fave liquid eyeliners, lipsticks, serums and more bestsellers, plus their new Equilibrium skincare collection and their customizable Ambient Lighting Powder line. Designed by innovative LA architectural firm Standard, the 1,400-square-foot space features illuminating glass rods and sculptural display fixtures crafted from onyx quartz and calacutta marble, all inspired by the brand's light-reflecting products. Up ahead, take a mini tour of the minimalist-chic space and learn more about the new shop.
Hourglass Cosmetics Abbot Kinney is open Monday through Thursday from 10am to 7pm, Friday and Saturday from 10am to 8pm, and Sunday from 12pm to 6pm.
· Hourglass Cosmetics [Official Site]
· Hourglass' Science-Based Skincare to Beautify Venice in Sept [Racked]