Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- All Men's Store images except last photo via Urban Outfitters
- Welcome to UO Westwood Village's Women's Store! Located in the legendary Tower Records store, the two-story space features the 1931-built building's original details, including arched Moorish windows on the second floor.
- The shoe wall greets you when you take a look to the left.
- UO's bestselling BDG denim in monochromatic hues.
- Cool hangout nooks are peppered throughout the shop.
- Everything you see here is for sale, including that netted hanging chair.
- A mid-store chilling spot in the women's store.
- Yes, this swing is fully functional.
- More merch upstairs.
- The women's shop features a photo booth and more home goods upstairs.
- The doors to the Women's Store.
- Over on the men's side, find art and design books, vintage and new vinyl, Crosley turntables, and guitars and amps by Fender and Gibson. Plus, UO says they'll be hosting regularly scheduled pop-up marketplaces, where local designers, labels and artisans c
- The snack bar is stocked with Coolhaus ice cream, juice and healthy to-go bites.
- The men's store also offers "lifestyle essentials" and grooming products.
As seen in their Downtown, Malibu and Sherman Oaks Surplus stores, it's clear Urban Outfitters isn't afraid to think outside of the box. Earlier this spring, we revealed the hip retailer's grand renovation plans for their relocated Westwood Village location: A massive his-and-hers concept shop that would be UO's third-largest space in Cali. Though their Men's Store was unveiled as scheduled last month, the cool megachain's bohemian-cool Women's Store finally opened this past Saturday.
Landing at 11,281 square feet, the two-story women's shop (which includes a swing upstairs!) carries the retailer's usual offerings of apparel, denim, accessories, jewelry and footwear alongside organic beauty products, retro home goods, decor and mid-century pottery. Next door in the 5,275-square-foot men's store, expect to find clothing, shoes and accessories, plus a music shop-in-shop filled with vintage vinyl, a curated selection of Fender and Gibson electric and acoustic guitars, and in-store snack bar/to-go window stocked with Coolhaus ice cream, cold-pressed juices and pre-packaged healthy bites. Like their cool Rialto Theatre and Malibu Country Mart digs, UO Westwood Village also offers handmade merch from local designers and artists.
Ready to toast UO's new UCLA-friendly shop? Staff tells us a grand opening bash is scheduled for Friday, October 3. In addition to a live performance by Brit indie band Wild Rivers, the soiree will feature pop-ups from luxe leather bag makers (and GQ men's market vendors) Clarke & Madison and Topanga Canyon-based Stoned Immaculate Vintage. Stay tuned for more info.
Urban Outfitters Westwood is open Monday through Thursday from 10am to 9pm, Friday and Saturday from 10am to 10pm, and Sunday from 11am to 9pm.
· Urban Outfitters [Official Site]
· Westwood Village's Urban Outfitters Scores a Major Upgrade [Racked]
· Urban Outfitters' Two-In-One Westwood Store Opens in August [Racked]
· Space 15 Twenty Scores Stylish Activewear & Top-Notch Vintage [Racked]