Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The store features 10,000 multifunctional products, ranging from dorm essentials to home renovation necessities.
- Near the cash wrap is a huge wall of tiny items you may want to throw in your cart last minute.
- There are 16 signature lifestyle departments, including closet, kitchen, office, travel, gift packaging and laundry.
- Hangers: because you need 'em.
- So many containers.
- Woven baskets, if plastic isn't your thing.
- Endless aisles of offerings.
- Pantry needs.
- More decor products.
- Containers, duh.
- Walk-in closet essentials.
- Speaking of closets, the store also features an Elfa organized closet center, where guests can work with staffers to dream up exactly what they're looking for. Once you give a specialist your desired dimensions, they'll walk you through your options via i
- A walk-in closet, ready to be purchased and installed.
- DIY lovers, this is your personal playground.
- The Container Store at the Original Farmers Market will be open Monday through Saturday from 9am to 9pm and Sunday from 10am to 7pm.
Just six months after revealing its plans to open at The Original Farmers Market at Third and Fairfax, The Container Store's highly-anticipated new location is set to open at 9am tomorrow. We've been keeping you in the loop of the 20,000-square-foot space's progress, offering construction reports and even a rundown of its key features by the numbers. Now, it's time to take a peek inside.
During yesterday's preview, we learned that all Container Store employees receive 260 hours of training per year to keep them up to speed on new product launches, such as the upcoming Container Store-branded closet system, TCS Closets, rolling out in October. We also discovered that this location will open with a sale—the Happy Organized Home Sale—complete with deep discounts through September 1.
Explore the store below and be sure to take advantage of TCS' opening weekend perks, including prize giveaways every hour ($1,000 Elfa space makeover, what?) and $10 gift cards for the first 100 social media check-ins.
· The Container Store Set to Organize Fairfax Farmers Market [Racked]
· Confirmed! Farmers Market Container Store Opens August 9 [Racked]
· Progress! A Peek Inside The Container Store at Farmers Market [Racked]
· Farmers Container Store's Coolest Features, By the Numbers [Racked]