Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo by Michael Grecco via Rumba
- Start your day at Thyme Cafe & Market (1630 Ocean Park Blvd), a healthy gourmet eatery that our sister site Eater has
- Now that you're sufficiently fueled, walk next door to avant-garde boutique Minnie T's relocated digs
- Next, satisfy your home decor thirst head to cool vintage and antiques shop Rumba (1740 Ocean Park Blvd, #C). Find interior designer and boutique owner Kimba Hills' incredible curated selection of mid-century modern
- Once you've picked up vintage treasures for your home, head next door to Goods (1748 Ocean Park Blvd). This mom-and-pop shop is filled with fair-trade and handmade home goods, jewelry, accessories, bath and body produ
- Finally, end your shopping adventure at designer clothing swap shop Give+Take (1740 Ocean Park Blvd). Part fashion community and part consignment store, this is not your average
While Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade will surely provide non-stop spending action, it's indie shopping stretches like Main Street that make this beachy nabe a retail therapy gem. If you're hitting up the sand and surf this holiday weekend, consider exploring the coastal city's on-the-rise Ocean Park Boulevard, the subject of today's Perfect Saturday installment.
After the jump, find out where to brunch healthy gourmet grub, where to shop Cali-cool and avant-garde style, where to find vintage home inspo, where to trade your pre-loved clothing for designer threads, and where to find fair-trade home goods from around the globe. Lace up your walking shoes and let's go!
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked]
· How to Spend A Relaxing Retail Therapy Day in Koreatown [Racked]
· Shop J-Pop Style and Unique Giftables at DTLA's Little Tokyo [Racked]
· Shop Luxe Antiques & Indie Boutiques in Charming South Pas [Racked]
· Sweat, Shop & Indulge in Stylish Treats on South Beverly Drive [Racked]