Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Third and fourth images via InterContinental LA Century City
- Views of Griffith Park and DTLA? Yes please.
- Getting our downward dog on.
- Soaking up the sunset while posing like a cobra.
- Attendees enjoyed gluten-free post-Om cocktails from Organic Mixology vodka. The coconut and lychee sips were especially thirst-quenching.
When was the last time you got your flow on from 17 stories above? As seen here and here, we've got a thing for putting our fitness guinea pig chops to the test—and InterContinental Century City's final helipad yoga class of the summer definitely topped our list of #OnlyinLA workouts. Yep, it's just as amazing as it sounds.
Led by master yogi Noah Christensen, the rooftop perspiration party challenged Om practitioners to hold their best sun salutation poses, all while soaking up LA's breathtaking views. (Hard life, right?) After downward dogging to the sunset and some much-welcomed breezes, our leader ended the sesh on a high note by singing a harmonium-accompanied mantra. Missed out? InterCon's rooftop yoga returns next summer, but we hear they may have more sky-high sweat sessions planned for the fall/winter season.
· InterContinental LA Century City [Official Site]
· A Guide to LA's Most Unique and Wackiest Workouts [Racked]
· Maria Menounos Book Signing at Trina Turk; Rooftop Yoga [Racked]
· We Survived Working Out with Celeb Trainer Tracy Anderson [Racked]
· We Meditated with Superwoman Arianna Huffington in Brentwood [Racked]