Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Our first stop was Kari Feinstein's Emmys Style Lounge, presented by Paragon and located at Andaz West Hollywood on Sunset. Cali-based Racked
- The lounge was heavy on tech gifts—super hi-fidelity audio accessories, bluetooth phone cases with selfie remotes (!), stylish on-the-go tech chargers and more.
- Sicky Eyewear gifted their Italian- and Japanese-made sunglasses to stars in the house like Vanessa Hudgens and Brandi Cyrus.
- Nail wraps because LA.
- Boston-based Black Lace Skin Jewelry offered Game of Thrones-inspired temporary skin accessories decked out with Swarovski crystals, which retails for $38 and up.
- Attendees also received a gift certificate to design their own shoes on ProjectShoe.com, valued at $150 and up.
- TruAge Skin also used their hi-tech skin reading machine to guess gift lounge attendees' real age.
- Next up was the always-popular HBO Luxury Lounge at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills, where celebs nominated celebs like Beau Bridges, Joanne Froggatt of Downton Abbey and the cast of Orange is the New Black are expected to swing
- Logitech is also here showcasing their latest tech necessities...
- ...like the Bemo Social Camera that allows you to share video clips with just one click. (Hello, Vine fanatics.)
- Spanish label Desigual is serving up technicolor accessories and apparel for the tube's boldest dressers.
- Creative Recreation brought all their best men's and women's styles, including just-in releases.
- Local handbag line Brahmin was a big crowd-pleaser, offering statement handbags and giving guests a sneak peek at the upcoming collec
- Cali's own purveyor of cloud-like beanies, Neff has come equipped with a range of print-happy hats and eyewear.
- Nautica is hosting travel essentials like duffle bags and timepieces.
- Last but not least, HBO's lounge is handing out generous Piloxing packages to celebs looking to switch up their fancy fitness routines. Ah, the good life.
As seen here, here and here, we continue to be fascinated by the over-the-top gifting offered to celebs during Awards Season. As if wealthy nominees and star attendees weren't lucky enough what with their McMansions, fancy cars and diamond facials, brands beg for their endorsement before the big show, bribing them with everything from designer handbags to high-tech gear to all-inclusive getaways.
One ceremony that never ceases to trigger extravagant freebies is the Primetime Emmy Awards, which takes place next Monday, August 25 at 5pm PST. We stopped by two popular gifting hubs—the Kari Feinstein's Emmys Style Lounge and the HBO Luxury Lounge—to see what fortunes A through Z-listers will be taking home this year.—Additional reporting by Danielle Directo-Meston.
· Inside the Emmys: What You Didn't See on TV [Racked]
· MTV Movie Awards Gifting: Millionaire Dating, Mayan Vacays [Racked]
· Andaz Hotel's Oscar Gifting Suite: Bali Vacays, LED Manis, More [Racked]
· Sexy Blowouts, Scientific Bites: SLS Hotel's Oscar Beauty Lounge [Racked]