Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
First, the bad news: two years after strapping LA footwear fiends into her celeb-faved sandals and skyscrapers, shoe designer Kathryn Amberleigh has shuttered her West 3rd Street boutique. Now, the good news: the space was swiftly snapped up by Danish model-turned-designer Anine Bing, making good on that promise to open a brick-and-mortar shop dedicated to her blogstar-beloved boots, luscious leather jackets and other off-duty essentials. Yes!
The Scandinavian stunner's soon-to-be style star mecca will be neighbors with essential shops Satine and Beckley at the celeb-frequented shopping stretch. No word yet if NYC-based Amberleigh is simply relocating her LA flagship or calling it quits in the City of Angels for good. Stay tuned for more!
· Anine Bing [Official Site]
· Anine Bing on Cool Mom Style; Is Miley Moving to DTLA? [Racked]
· Danish Model Anine Bing Designs the LA Blogger's It Shoe [Racked]
· Danish Sensation Anine Bing Walks Us Through Her LA Studio [Racked]
· Designer Anine Bing is Inspired by Flea Markets, Prefers Cologne [Racked]