Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Football, Marathon and Bowling were just a few of the dance moves we (hopefully) mastered.
- Our trusty trainer Tracy guides us through bicep curls.
- By this time, we were really feeling the steam rising on the second-floor studio.
- Almost done! A few Pilates moves rounded out the full-body fitness routine.
- Healthy munchies from IPS and fresh thirst-quenchers from Pressed Juicery awaited us.
Last night's Racked Fit Club takeover of Body by Simone wasn't just a workout, it was a serious cardio dance party. Led by pro trainer Tracy Jai Edwards—who hails from celeb trainer Simone La Rue's original NYC studio!—the 60-minute Re-Energize class truly tested our coordination (and our calves!) with a mix of high-powered dance moves, bicep-burning strength training and core-tightening ab work.
After jumping, pumping and crunching to Britney, Pharrell and more fitness-faved beats, we made a beeline to the breezy balcony for post-workout sips by Pressed Juicery and tasty egg white protein chips by IPS. Now that we've experienced first-hand how stars like Anne Hathaway and Sandra Bullock sculpt their bods, perhaps we can take on BBS' trampoline classes?
· Body By Simone [Official Site]
· All Racked Fit Club Posts [Racked]
· Exclusive! Inside Body by Simone's First West Coast Studio [Racked]
· NY Fitness Craze Body by Simone Heading to West Hollywood [Racked]
· Join Us for Dance Cardio at Body by Simone WeHo Next Tues! [Racked]