Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Shoes as far as the eye can seen.
- Ginormous clearance racks line the back walls.
- Docs, Keds and Nike wedge sneakers.
- Jansport backpacks in various prints and hues.
- There's even a women's apparel section.
- $9.99 overall jorts, anyone?
- Super-cheap workout basics.
- Tons of kids kicks.
- There's also a sportswear section for the guys.
- And even sports equipment.
- The controvesial Hollywood Target across the street.
When Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) moved its DIY playground to La Brea back in February, we were curious to see who would scoop up the hardware and garden store's huge home on West Sunset Boulevard. Looks like SoCal footwear retailer Warehouse Shoe Sale (WSS) is settling into the 23,000-square-foot space nicely, because the place is already jam-packed with sneakerheads.
Located at the corner of Sunset and Western across from that forever-under-construction Hollywood Target, WSS stocks a hefty range of sporty footwear brands like Nike, Vans, Converse, Adidas, Puma and Skechers for men, women and kids. This location also features apparel from private labels that have been marked way down.
Take a tour below. Although WSS has already soft launched, swing by the official grand opening on August 2 to catch music, giveaways and more.
WSS Sunset is open Monday through Sunday from 9am to 9pm. Fourth of July hours: 9am to 6pm.
· WSS [Official Site]
· Orchard Supply Hardware's La Brea Shop Is a DIY Lover's Dream [Racked]
· NIMBYs Trying to Dismantle East Hollywood's Half-Built Target [Curbed]