- Start your day with Mexican-meets-Soul grub at Sky's Gourmet Tacos (5408 W. Pico Blvd). A fave among herbivores for its veggie-friendly options, the Great Food Truck Race
- Once you're sufficiently stuffed, beat your food coma and walk over to Etsy shop Pop Life Arts' brick-and-mortar (5445 W. Pico Blvd), whic
- Got a guy in tow or need a new tome for your stylish coffee table? Head over to men's footwear brand Clae's sleek concept space Our Favorite Shop (5455 W. Pico Blvd). T
- Next, cross the street and head to Brainworks Home (5364 W. Pico Blvd), an expertly curated vintage and antiques shop by local interior decorator Erin Adams. Find everything from mid-century modern sideboards, V
- Finally, end your day at Urban Wellness' andDeja Vu Boutique's two-in-one space (5372 W. Pico Blvd). On one side, pick up natural and organic soaps and s
Friend to fashion Mayor Eric Garcetti really, really wants to up LA's retail therapy scene—a plan he's willing to put beaucoup bucks behind with his Great Streets Initiative. Among the lucky 'hoods to score a major makeover courtesy of the City Hall is today's Perfect Saturday subject: the soon-to-be-bustling shopping stretch at Hauser and Pico Boulevard.
With a new website in the works and its first-ever art walk slated for this month (July 17!), this up-and-coming Mid-City spot is already priming itself to be LA's next corridor of cool. From where to eat local-beloved tacos, where to pick up retro kitsch wonders, where to buy cool books and men's merch, where to shop mid-century marvels for your home and where to stock up on organic beauty products and designer vintage in one single space, explore this oft-overlooked nabe after the jump.
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked]
· Shop Boho Treasures and Dine Healthy in Topanga Canyon [Racked]
· Shop Streetwear, Designer & Vintage in the NoHo Arts District [Racked]
· How to Dine Fancy & Shop Luxe Essentials on N Robertson Blvd [Racked]
· Sweat, Shop, Relax: How to Spend a Bachelorette Day on Melrose [Racked]