Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo via Timeout LA
- Start your afternoon at Weller Court and grab lunch at Orochon Ramen (123 Astronaut E S Onizuka St, Suite #303), known for their tongue-destroying SP#2 soup challen
- Next, head over to Kinokuniya Bookstore (123 Astronaut E Onizuka St, Suite #205) at Weller Court's second level. In addition to adorably packaged stationery, anime books, cute giftables and more, you'll also find
- After you're done exploring Weller Court, head over to Q Pop Boutique (128 Astronaut E S Onizuka St), an indie shop and art gallery stocked with apparel, accessories,
- Next, walk down the Japanese Village Plaza, where beauty and cosmetics shop Make Asobi holds court (130 Japanese Village Plaza Mall). They've got a unique and well-curated selection of beauty sk
- Finally, end your day kawaii chain Popkiller's concept shop POP (343 E 2nd St), which is apparently only
Now that we've explored Downtown's Arts District, Sixth & Spring and Broadway, we're turning our eye to Little Tokyo for this week's Perfect Saturday installment. This charming DTLA capsule's home to a host of shopping centers filled with Japanese grub, gift boutiques, markets and more, so we've honed in on just a few must-stop shops in the Japanese-American nabe.
From where to grub on veggie-friendly ramen, where to shop J-Pop giftables, where to pick up unique beauty finds, where to find Vogue Nippon and more, your walkable retail therapy itinerary awaits after the jump.
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked]
· Shop Boho Treasures and Dine Healthy in Topanga Canyon [Racked]
· Shop Indie, Find Home Inspo and Eat Organic in Culver City [Racked]
· How to Shop Luxe and Brunch Like a Parisian in Pacific Palisades [Racked]
· Where to Shop & Grub at Rising Mid-City Retail Stretch Pico Blvd [Racked]