Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Here we go!
- The house was already packed an hour prior to the meditation.
- Huffington's best-selling book, on sale at the studio for $28 a pop.
- Calm before the ultra-calm.
- Huffington explaining the importance of sleep. Vital takeaways: she wears pink silk pajamas to bed and keeps all phone/tech devices out of her room.
- Unplug Meditation founder Suze Yalof Schwartz wrapped up the chat with a mini Q&A session, where we learned that Huffington offers not one, but two nap rooms in her NYC office. She sleeps at work with the curtains open to show her employees that midday na
- After the 30-minute meditation led by Huffington's sister Agapi, fans were invited to take photos and get their books signed.
- Fonut's mini gluten-free vegan donuts were served, naturally.
Of all the superwoman-led workouts and wellness sessions we've experienced (hey, Tracy Anderson and Cindy Crawford), meditating with Arianna Huffington has definitely been the most zen. Last night, the NY-based Huffington Post editor-in-chief, author and all-around powerhouse invited an intimate group of friends and fans to Brentwood's Unplug Meditation, where she discussed her New York Times bestseller Thrive and participated in a 30-minute relaxation practice spearheaded by her sister.
Given that the Greek-American influencer was inspired to write her 14th book after "collapsing from exhaustion," the self-proclaimed "sleep evangelist" made sure that the night's meditation was particularly snoozy. (Participants were yawning just three minutes into the sesh; some straight-up dozed off.) Once the out-of-the-body experience was complete (who knew soothing sounds and calming words could be so effective?), Huffington and co. indulged in—what else?—champagne and healthy donuts. Check out our snaps below.
· Unplug Meditation [Official Site]
· We Survived Working Out with Celeb Trainer Tracy Anderson [Racked]
· Become a Zen Master at New West LA Studio Unplug Meditation [Racked]
· The Cali Health Guru That Supermodel Cindy Crawford Swears By [Racked]