- The crowd waits.
- "When I think of resort, I think of traveling somewhere—maybe going to St. Barts, Florida, Puerto Rico," said Lubov of the BCBG's bohemian-inspired ready-to-wear collection.
- The crowd included Just Jared's Jared Eng, celebrity stylist Nicole Chavez and TV personality Rosci Diaz.
- During the show, Lubov revealed the fate of her wedding dress: It was donated to a thrift shop. "I looked like a football player," she said. "It was the time of shoulder pads."
- Lubov called this the "party portion" of the show. The lime green dress on the far left was inspired by a dress Max Azria custom-made for actress Sharon Stone for the Cannes Film Festival in 1994.
- For the grand finale models sporting Hervé Léger strutted in pairs on each side of the pool. This collection was inspired by the girl "going to Brazil for the soccer tournament."
- Style Scroll in the house: Ashley of The Style Editrix, Sheryl of Walk in Wonderland, Sydne of Sydne Style, Sophie of
- Awwww! Max and Lubov with their daughter, Agnes, who serenaded the crowd with two original songs. By the way, the girl's got serious talent.
- TV personality Roczi Diaz with Max.
- Lubov with celeb stylist Nicole Chavez.
- Lubov with the models.
- The pool was a popular selfie spot.
- The Azria's dreamy manse, dubbed La Maison Du Soleil.
- Party people by the pool.
It's not every day an iconic Cali fashion house offers live commentary on its latest collections—and from the privacy of its designer's own back yard, no less. This was the scene at Holmby Hills, where BCBG founder Max Azria and wife/chief creative director Lubov Azria invited a handful of their closest pals (like JustJared's Jared Eng, celeb stylist Nicole Chavez, a ton of Style Scroll regulars, and apparent BCBG superfan Mickey Rourke) to toast their brand's 25th anniversary with a poolside presentation of their Resort 2015 collections.
In addition to amusing the stylish crowd with clever quips and charming anecdotes (including a few of her fashion faux pas), Dodger-obsessed Lubov revealed the inspirations behind the designs. While BCBG Runway was all about "Americana and bohemian"—complete with cropped denim tops, summer-perfect cotton frocks and all fringe everything—BCBG Resort channeled the beginnings of the brand with looks inspired by Max's home turf of Tunisia. "We thought about the founder, who said, 'Nothing starts without a dream,'" Lubov told partygoers as they fawned over pieces like textured tunics, silky graphic caftans and menswear-inspired button-downs.
See more inside the stylish soiree and click on the jump below.
Blogstars Jacey Duprie of Damsel in Dior and Racked road trip pal Jenny Bernheim of Margo & Me.
Who knew actor Mickey Rourke and Max Azria were pals?
· BCBG [Official Site]
· LA in NY: Joyrich's Wild Pop-Up, BCBG's Relaxed Runway [Racked]
· BCBG Max Azria Toasts 25 Years with LA Pop-Up & Exhibit [Racked]
· Models, Manis, More: Behind the Scenes at BCBGMAXAZRIA [Racked]
· Lubov Azria's Incredible Closet; Rachel Zoe's Pregnant Again [Racked]