Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
This past weekend, The Telegraph ran a recap of their visit to Paris Hilton's LA mansion. The socialite/designer/DJ gave the UK publication a tour of her infamous digs, graciously offering compelling insight and nuggets of "wisdom" all along the way. Here, ten of the profile's top takeaways:
1. She claims to be normal. "The princess Barbie [image] is a fun character but in real life I'm very chill and down-to-earth normal."
2. She still wears Juicy Couture tracksuits. She sported a pink one while giving a tour of her in-house nightclub, naturally.
3. Her fragrances have made more than $1.8 billion in sales. Other lucrative ventures include her "16 other product lines [including] clothing, sunglasses, shoes, lingerie, swimwear, eyelashes, nails, my own motorcycle team, dog clothes… I have 60 Paris Hilton stores that carry all my products."
4. She owns a hotel in the Philippines. "It's called Paris, not Hilton, just me [...] because I don't want people to think it's my family's. It's mine."
5. Her dog kennel mirrors an Italian villa. Design touches include "cornicing, black crystal chandelier and designer furniture." There's even a miniature balcony.
6. Most of her shoes are by Jimmy Choo. Explore her ridic shoe closet here for a refresher.
7. She's unaffected by the haters. "If people want to be mean, that's their problem. It used to be really hurtful. I would call and cry to my mom all the time but now I just laugh." She also has a name for hanger-ons: "hungry tigers."
8. There's no beef with Nicole Richie. "She's like a sister to me."
9. She was Donald Trump's first model. Despite her parents' disapproval, Hilton joined the bold businessman's then-new modeling agency at just 15. Her parents were "a little" mad "but then they saw I was getting my school work done and being responsible."
10. She has something in common with Albert Einstein. Regarding her Zodiac sign, Hilton explains that Aquarians are "social butterflies, humanitarians, geniuses: Einstein was one."
· At home with Paris Hilton: we visit the socialite turned DJ [Telegraph]
· Paris Hilton Owns 200+ Pairs of Shoes, Has Only Worn Half [Racked]
· The Bling Ring Was Filmed Inside Paris Hilton's Actual Home [Racked]
· Paris Hilton Gets Facials "Every Single Week" in Beverly Hills [Racked]