Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Imported marble from Italy cover both the exterior and interior of the store. This refined design touch allows the shopper to feel as if they're walking into a museum exhibit.
- Upon entering, women's clothing is on the right and men's is on the left. Each section offers a theme that is shared between both men's and women's styles. This section is called "Suedehead" and features a punk kid vibe. Regarding pricing, Kooples gear ra
- The Suedehead section's accessories are killer. These hardware-heavy mini bags go for $495 a pop.
- Dopest booties.
- More too-cool accessories.
- The "Swinging London" section is the "Suedehead" section's more mature yet still edgy sister, offering bestselling pieces like tie-dye denim, knitwear, cardigans with leather sleeves.
- All men's suiting features Savile Row tailoring. Full suits start at approximately $1000.
- Even the dressing rooms are stylish.
- Socks and ties for the devastatingly cool man who wears The Kooples head-to-toe.
- Men's denim in a range of hues and textures, $215.
- Women's denim, also in a range of fun hues and prints, $185.
- Perfectly merchandised fall accessories and outerwear essentials.
- A peek at the Sport collection.
- The Kooples' Sport styles offer cool touches like detachable hoods and collars, and leather piping. We hear that the jacquard sweaters have been a huge hit at their Paris stores.
- Starting tomorrow, The Kooples LA is open Monday through Saturday from 10am to 8pm, and Sunday from 12 to 6pm.
We'll admit it: for a minute there, we didn't think that The Kooples LA was actually happening. After all, we first heard about the exciting debut nearly one year ago and have been staring at the new Robertson store's untouched plywood for more than a few months. But just when our hopes began to fade due to multiple delays, this morning the cult-favorite French label revived our spirits by finally opening its glorious doors for a sneak peek. The public opening is set for tomorrow, July 19.
Take a tour of the 3,230-square-foot boutique below, and be sure to stop by this weekend to shop the edgy, marble-filled space in the flesh. Bonus: it's currently the only store in the world that carries The Kooples' complete fall 2014 collection. (And if you have any New York pals, let them know that the brand's East Coast flagship is expected to open on August 8, with a second store opening on Mercer Street on October 1.)
· Oui! France's The Kooples Select Robertson for First US Store [Racked]
· Breaking! The Kooples' 1st LA Store is Opening July 17, For Real [Racked]
· While We Wait for LA, Here's a Peek Inside The Kooples SF Shop [Racked]