You've booked a seat for the most adorable jet ever and cleared your cal for Hello Kitty Con, but the ultimate test of your Sanrio superfandom is surviving this weekend's highly-anticipated Hello Kitty sale, where everything from cute accoutrements to stationery and more will be slashed at 70% off or more. It'd be a downright understatement to say that the two-day blowout (it's happening Saturday and Sunday at the Sheraton Hotel in Cerritos) is expected to draw a crowd—so we've rounded up a handy tip sheet with everything you need to know to
escape with your life shop the first-come, first-serve sale like a seasoned pro.
1. No strollers: Kiddies are allowed; buggies are not.
2. Bring plastic and cash: All major credit cards and cash are accepted; no checks.
3. No ins & outs: Once you've paid for your merch, you must exit the sale.
4. There will be crowd control: Sale organizers tell us a limited amount of people will be allowed inside at a time. Safety, folks, safety.
5. Bring some shade if you're queuing up: The line will form outside of the hotel on an uncovered patio; organizers suggest bringing a parasol or other foldable source of shade.
6. There will be surprise grab bags, but no peeksies: Merch will be valued at $75 and up; no opened surprise bags will be sold.
7. Saturday vs. Sunday: Come on Saturday for the best selection, but for mega deals, shop on Sunday when prices might be slashed. No price adjustments for items purchased on Saturday.
· Hello Kitty [Official Site]
· Don't Miss Hello Kitty's Super Sale in Cerritos Next Week [Racked]
· OMG: A Hello Kitty Convention is Coming to LA This Fall [Racked]
· Photos! EVA Air's Ridiculously Cute Hello Kitty Jet Lands at LAX [Racked]