Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
You've booked a seat for the most adorable jet ever and cleared your cal for Hello Kitty Con, but the ultimate test of your Sanrio superfandom is surviving this weekend's highly-anticipated Hello Kitty sale, where everything from cute accoutrements to stationery and more will be slashed at 70% off or more. It'd be a downright understatement to say that the two-day blowout (it's happening Saturday and Sunday at the Sheraton Hotel in Cerritos) is expected to draw a crowd—so we've rounded up a handy tip sheet with everything you need to know to
escape with your life shop the first-come, first-serve sale like a seasoned pro.
1. No strollers: Kiddies are allowed; buggies are not.
2. Bring plastic and cash: All major credit cards and cash are accepted; no checks.
3. No ins & outs: Once you've paid for your merch, you must exit the sale.
4. There will be crowd control: Sale organizers tell us a limited amount of people will be allowed inside at a time. Safety, folks, safety.
5. Bring some shade if you're queuing up: The line will form outside of the hotel on an uncovered patio; organizers suggest bringing a parasol or other foldable source of shade.
6. There will be surprise grab bags, but no peeksies: Merch will be valued at $75 and up; no opened surprise bags will be sold.
7. Saturday vs. Sunday: Come on Saturday for the best selection, but for mega deals, shop on Sunday when prices might be slashed. No price adjustments for items purchased on Saturday.
· Hello Kitty [Official Site]
· Don't Miss Hello Kitty's Super Sale in Cerritos Next Week [Racked]
· OMG: A Hello Kitty Convention is Coming to LA This Fall [Racked]
· Photos! EVA Air's Ridiculously Cute Hello Kitty Jet Lands at LAX [Racked]