Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via Planet Blue
- Midnight Rider Original tank, $56
- Wildfox Soldier Boy Island Tank, $62
- LNA Clothing Cecile tank, $99
- Alternative Laguna wide striped dress, $78
- Reformation Koa jumper in Halmsted, $198
- Blue Life Malibu Crush one-piece, $139 at Planet Blue
- Lovers + Friends Americana cut-off shorts, $168 at Revolve Clothing
- Cult Gaia Americana turband, $47
- Dogeared Jewelry Three Wishes Triple Star necklace, $76
- Crap Eyewear T.V. Eye sunglasses in Gloss Cherry Cola, $56
Thank your lucky stars (and these dudes) for Independence Day, the only federal holiday that deems it socially acceptable for Americans of all ages to dress like a flag. Also Uncle Sam-approved: getting paid to play hooky, lounge by the pool, down Belgian-owned 'Merican-made beer and watch pretty explosions in the sky. If you're looking to take full advantage of this stars and stripes sitch, here are 10 patriotic pieces made by LA labels for looking the part this 4th of July.