- The main room. Those indoor planters will feature locally-sourced plants and tress that work well with the skylights. LED strip lights will offer a nice glow at night. The right side will feature the cold-press juice bar and 100% raw organic restaurant. T
- Another view of the restaurant and juice bar. The restaurant will be headed by their executive chef Michael Falso (of NY's Pure Food & Wine and Santa Monica's M.A.K.E. fame), and co-created with their chef Ian Martin (touting SaMo's Julia
- Here's the yoga studio, located in the back of the space to the right. Stein tells us that The Springs' yoga program will offer a diverse range of styles and classes, from Vinyasa to Hatha to Kundalini. (Class pricing is TBD.) There will also be fi
- In addition to a 14-space parking lot in the front, there's also parking and an entrance in the back for yogis that prefer to beeline directly to the studio. Stay tuned for more The Springs news—including operation hours—soon.
Back in March, we revealed that DTLA's Arts District would soon become the home of a 13,000-square-foot yoga/juice/cafe/wellness center called The Springs. Founders Jared Stein and Kimberly Helms tapped Catherine Johnson and Rebecca Rudolph of Design, Bitches to design the massive hub, which is set to become the neighborhood's one-stop shop for eco fashion fans, yogis, vegan foodies and juiceheads. We took a tour of the under construction space last week to see a lay of the land and learn more about what's in store for this exciting project, soft opening in August.
Although there's clearly a lot of work to be done until The Springs is officially unveiled, Stein and Helms have a clear vision of what they're looking to create. "We really hope The Springs can become an oasis for Arts District residences and folks in the greater Los Angeles area," Helms explains. The duo also have tons of local talent joining them for the ride. "LA is the perfect place for this—everyone is so collaborative! Local street artists are even going to do custom murals for us." Take a peek at the construction site below, along with an in-depth rundown of what to expect.
· The Springs [Official Site]
· Yogis, Juiceheads: A Massive Wellness Oasis is Headed to DTLA [Racked]