- Bonobos' washed chinos ($88) are a mega bestseller. They come in every color of the rainbow.
- Shorts ($68-$85) come in all kinds of summer-ready prints.
- Dapper dudes will want to beeline to the store's suits and blazers. The linen suit jackets are particularly cool for warm-weather business affairs.
- Shoppers are offered cold Heinekens (or water or soda) to enjoy while they peruse.
- When you've found what you're looking for, an in-house expert is ready to take your measurements so you can try on your perfect fit before committing to a purchase.
- Our favorite feature of this store is their "SELFY mirror," which takes photos of your before-and-after looks so you can review before purchasing. "Best way to describe it is a modern-day version of what Cher Horowitz from Clueless did with
- Once your SELFY is snapped, you can instantly print the image or have it sent to you via email or text.
- Before a Bonobos transformation and after. Need alterations? Bonobos will refer you to local favorite La Brea Cleaners (310 S La Brea Ave) to tailor your pieces once they arrive.
- Once you've assessed the situation and selected your looks, the Guideshop's computer station is ready to help you make your online purchase.
- A staffer will walk you through the online ordering process. Orders will be delivered to you within five to seven business days. Heading out of town and need your new suit delivered to your hotel? Bonobos will ship your order wherever you are.
- Bonobos Guideshop LA is open Monday through Saturday from 10am to 7pm and Sunday from 12pm to 5pm.
Over the past few years, District La Brea has transformed into a legitimate menswear mecca, thanks to shops like Stussy, Undefeated, & Still, Mishka and the recent GANT Rugger. The latest "brotique" (bro + boutique, get it?) to hit the scene is Bonobos, which opened its first LA outpost just a few days ago.
Located next door to the aforementioned GANT and Eater-approved sushi joint Sugarfish, the 1,500-square-foot space offers gents a unique way to shop the NY-based company's online offerings in real life. Following Bonobos' signature Guideshop format, you can't actually leave the store with any purchases, but you can touch and try on styles (something we all wish we can do while shopping online), get custom-fitted on the spot, take a Polaroid "SELFY" (more on that later), place orders online via in-store Macbooks and even down a complimentary ice-cold beer in the process. Take a tour of the digs below.
· Bonobos [Official Site]
· E-Tailer Bonobos Brings More Menswear to District La Brea [Racked]
· Menswear E-Tailer Bonobos Moves La Brea Opening to Late June [Racked]