Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via @hiptique/Instagram
- Whether you've already spent time soaking up sun on the sand or you planning on picking up coastal picnic grub, head to organic spot Main Squeeze (2727 Main Street) for some green refreshments. We
- Next, walk across the street to Marilyn Monroe-obsessed shop Hip'tique (2727 Main Street). There, expec
- After stocking up on designer merch, make your way over to Mindfulnest (2711 Main Street), which stocks an array of cute and quirky home decor, jewelry, stationery, art and more giftables handmade by local artists.
- Next, walk back across the street to vintage and consignment shop The Closet Trading Company (2708 Main Street). Find pre-loved classic treasures from the likes of Chanel and Louboutin; past season apparel, acce
- In the mood for more retail therapy? If so, make a stop across the street to American Apparel for LA-made basics; if not, head back towards your car and pay a visit to grab-and-go snack place Sunny Blue (2728 Main
Though always-entertaining Third Street Promenade and modern Frank Gehry-designed Santa Monica Place contain enough big-name retail shopping to fill a full day's sched, Santa Monica offers more than overcrowded tourist hot spots and hi-tech parking structures. For today's installment of our Perfect Saturday series, we're exploring the beachy city's less stress-inducing retail intersection of Main Street and Hill Street.
If you've already penciled in a visit to SaMo's beaches and you're seeking an easy breezy retail therapy trip to cap off your Saturday sun-soaking sesh, we've got your SPF-covered back. From shopping spring-ready merch by cult fave Cali brands (Clover Canyon, Rails, Rory Beca, to name a few) to picking up handmade wares by local artisans and more, click on the jump for more Main Street must-stops.
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked]
· How to Wander West 3rd Street in Style [Racked]
· Where to Shop Luxe and Lunch Healthy in Larchmont Village [Racked]
· Where to Brunch and Shop Local at DTLA's Stylish Sixth & Spring [Racked]
· Cuban Bites, Mad Men Merch: Where to Grub & Shop in Burbank [Racked]