Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Our new weekly series Get Right for Summer has one aim: to make sure you're completely beautified before the thermostat hits 90. Whether you're in the market for a new manicurist or you want to try your luck at getting faux bronzed, we''ll tell you where to go.
- Image via Late Afternoon
- Image via @mechesalonla/Instagram Mèche Salon: In addition to flocking
- Image via @blondesalon/Instagram Blonde Salon: From Barbie blonde to beach blonde to girl-next-door blonde, this WeHo sa
- Image via @ninezeroonesalon/Instagram Nine Zero One Salon: In addition to being a hot spot for young Hollywood and LA
- Image via @beyonce/Instagram Kimble Hair Studio: Beyonce, Solange and Shakira are just a few ladies who head to LA Hair<
- Image via Odessa Renia Salon/Facebook Odessa Renia<
- Image via Bungalow Salon/Facebook Bungalow Salon: Hailed
- Image via @kyliejenner/Instagram Andy LeCompte Salon: This WeHo salon caters to all hair needs, including highlights and c
- Image via Jonathan & George Salon/Facebook
- Image via The Establishment The Establishment: This full-service Aveda salon offers an array of affordable beautifying se
- Image via Happening in Highland Park
Now that you know where to get your tresses expertly chopped, next up on our Get Right for Summer checklist are highlights and hues. Whether you're seeking sun-kissed strands (sans soaking up UV rays!), a pretty pastel ombré à la Late Afternoon blogger Liz Cherkasova (pictured) or beachy balayage locks, we've identified 10 LA salons and their prices to help you plan your pro dye job accordingly.
· All Get Right For Summer Posts [Racked]
· LA's Best Salons to Get Your Hair Snipped for Summer [Racked]