Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Goop superfans huddled on the first floor, discussing their retail strategy. Bonus: everything—from the chairs to the tables to the display racks—are available for purchase, so you can essentially replicate the store's setup in your own
- Elegant home decor items.
- Stacks of Paltrow's authored books litter the store.
- The tags on these $42 Nickey Kehoe napkins read: "This traditional Khadi textile takes its inspiration from Ghandi and his vision of rural self-reliance." Aww.
- Shoppers can take a break for a game of backgammon, because of course.
- More shiny things.
- LA designer Clare Vivier crafted these exclusive pouches for Goop. Small is $175, large is $260.
- Delicate jewelry options include pieces by Jennifer Meyer, Willow Roe and Ashley Pittman.
- Moisturizer from LA beauty startup BeautyCounter displayed near an Araks pa
- The Goop pop-up return policy.
- The first floor's rack of clothing includes pieces from Stella McCartney, as well as Goop collabs with FRAME denim,
- Enchanting animal heads mounted on the wall, similar to Jenni Kayne's kids playroom setup. (Side note: how are Gwyneth and
- Educational kids toys by Seedling.
- Second floor home furnishings.
- The second floor rack includes Cushnie et Ochs swimsuits, as well as Goop collabs with Crippen,
- One luxe table offers pricey finds from Michael Kors and Stella McCartney.
- More Clare Vivier goodness. In-store event alert! Team Clare will be on hand to monogram purchased bags today from 4 to 8pm and Saturday from noon to 4pm.
- Although the space lacks any trace of celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson (Paltrow's pint-sized bestie and business partner)
- Incredible-smelling face oil by UK's Ila.
- Restorsea's exclusive Goop travel kit.
- Goop's pillow collab with LA artist Peter Dunham.
If you've ever wondered what it's like to step into the aspirational mind of Gwyneth Paltrow, visit her Goop pop-up shop at the Brentwood Country Mart immediately. The heavily idolized star behind the popular lifestyle platform revealed her plans on Instagram last Friday, instantly triggering a freak-out among local diehards. We stopped by yesterday's opening to see just how Goop-y the temporary space—open now through May 11—really is.
Located near the rustic outdoor shopping center's food court between Unionmade and the post office, Paltrow's two-story pop-up is an IRL guide to mastering the Goop way of life. The flawlessly decorated, thoughtfully curated shop is filled with all of the A-lister's favorite things, including refined home goods, natural beauty products, dainty jewelry, timeless clothing, footwear and handbags, and New Age self-help books. Read on to see more snaps and learn how you can meet Gwyneth at the store (!).
The Goop pop-up runs until May 11 (fingers crossed it eventually becomes a permanent spot). Store hours are Monday through Saturday from 10am to 6pm and Sunday from 11am to 5pm. Wanna meet Gwyneth? Follow GOOP's Twitter and #gooppop hashtag to find out when she'll be in the house to sign books and greet fans.
· Gwyneth Pens an Ode to Santa Barbara on Today's Goop [Racked]
· FORWARD x RETNA; GOOP Pop-Up Headed to Brentwood? [Racked]
· The LA Healing Guru That Tracy Anderson & Gwyneth Swear By [Racked]
· Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Guide to LA Includes Satine, Launderland [Racked]
· Gwyneth Brings Whole Family to Her Barnes & Noble Book Signing [Racked]