Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Fourth though sixth images via Niki Schwan Fashion Gallery
- "There is a certain power a woman exudes when she is wearing the right pieces, a truly unforgettable experience. Women emanate a quiet confidence when properly adorned," says Schwan. Her Melrose Place store offers a curated selection of apparel, lingerie,
- Niki Schwan Fashion Gallery also includes a private primping space upstairs, where clients can get prepped and beautified before events.
- More from the boudoire-like space's upstairs hangout.
If Marie Antoinette was a modern-day LA babe whose muse was '60s sex symbol Brigitte Bardot, we'd expect to find her splayed across some chaise, like the vintage Hollywood Regency one at Niki Schwan Fashion Gallery's boudoir-like corner on Melrose Place. Tucked away in Suite G behind fashionable coffee shop Alfred, celeb-faved skincare studio Kate Somersville and new shop Elodie K., the previously private boutique of celeb stylist/Lura Starr designer Niki Schwan opened to the public earlier this month. (Her e-shop debuts next week.)
"Forever in pursuit of sexy, I created a space that exudes femininity, grace, and luxury," says Schwan, a former VIBE magazine fashion director whose celeb clientele includes Nicki Minaj, Dita Von Teese, Scarlett Johansson, Lauren Conrad and many others. Stocked with hard-to-find European couture, provocative underpinnings and risque swimwear and accessories, the "one-stop sexy shop" features labels like Alpana Neeraj, ID Sarreiri, Lascivious, Jane Woolrich, Maison Close, Laruicci, Marianna Harutunian, Mijanou and much more. Explore the glamorous space and see more inside after the jump.
Niki Schwan Fashion Gallery is open Monday through Saturday from 11am to 7pm and Sunday from 12pm to 6pm.
· Niki Schwan [Official Site]
· Max Azria's Niece Elodie K. Opens Chic Shop on Melrose Place [Racked]