Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo via
- Start you day at healthy resto Urth Caffe's first LA spot (451 S Hewitt Street), where there's valet parking for just $3 across the street. Our sister site
- While dining at Urth, you probably spotted signs for DTLA's newest indie marketplace, Arts Distr
- Up your pedometer count and walk a few blocks north to Apolis: Common Gallery (806 E 3rd Street), where you'll find an array of ethically-made men's merch, accessories, gifts and more crafted by ar
- Of course, an Arts District adventure wouldn't be complete without a visit to essential gift shop Poketo (820 E 3rd St
- Carl Louisville, aka the unofficial mayor of Rodeo Drive, apparently leads a "ministry of love, giving and sharing"—which also comes in the form of his now-
From booming South Broadway to stylish Sixth and Spring, Downtown is clearly where it's at (a little GQ nod doesn't hurt, either). Now that we've explored the Historic Core's cool corridors, let's venture east into the very buzzy Arts District—once the site of a very grand sycamore tree and one of LA's first vineyards—for this weekend's Perfect Saturday adventure.
If you're looking to take it easy this deal-heavy holiday weekend, consider our pedestrian-friendly itinerary that includes where to grub on organic bites, where to shop ethically-made goods, where to find charming giftables and more. Let's go!
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked]
· How to Wander West 3rd Street in Style [Racked]
· Shop Indie & Grab Hipster Grub on Los Feliz's Vermont Ave [Racked]
· Where to Sip Juice and Shop on Main Street in Santa Monica [Racked]
· Cuban Bites, Mad Men Merch: Where to Grub & Shop in Burbank [Racked]