Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The Glow's founders Kelly Stuart and Violet Gaynor (with her delicious baby, Plum!)
- The one and only Jenni Kayne.
- Although Kayne's curated collection of kids wear is normally only available at her magical Montecito store, she tells us t
- Kids brands include Bon Bon, Boy + Girl, Nico Nico, April Showers by Polder and the teeniest, tiniest moccasins by Beatrice Valenzuela.
- Speaking of Valenzuela, here she is with her just-born baby boy and Echo Park textile designer Rachel Craven. Valenzuela tells us that her upcoming projects include a new shoe line and even jewelry!
- More nursery and playroom essentials.
- Pint-sized metallic sandals by Caramel Baby & Child. (Is it weird that we want these for ourselves?)
- 30 Rock star Alec Baldwin was also in the house with his yoga instructor wife and baby mama, Hilaria Baldwin. Fun fact: Hilaria, who also makes an appearance in the book, has a
- Racks of boys outerwear (hey, camo jacket) and bottoms.
- Score your copy of The Glow: An Inspiring Guide to Stylish Motherhood at Jenni Kayne WeHo (614 N Almont Drive) or online.
Although Mother's Day is still ten days away (May 12), we got into the warm and fuzzy spirit a few weeks ago when we rolled out this guide to LA's best kids shops. Last week Racked editors shared their sweetest mom gifts, and just this past Wednesday our sister site Racked National spoke with the masterminds behind The Glow. We kept the lovefest going last night at the inspiring mommy blog's book launch, held at designer Jenni Kayne's WeHo store.
Hosted by the always-flawless Kayne, accessories star Clare Vivier (who revealed she's planning to open a Santa Monica shop!) and the Olsens' fave LA stylist Jessica de Ruiter, the dreamy event featured appearances by a number of notables. Sightings included Racked Young Guns (Beatrice Valenzuela), Hollywood A-listers (Alec Baldwin) and really, really cute babies. Take a peek inside below.
· The Glow [Official Site]
· Mapped! LA's 18 Best Shops for Stylish Kids Clothes [Racked]
· Best Mother's Day Yet: 13 Inspiring Stories That Beat Bouquets [Racked]
· Ladies Behind 'The Glow' on Making Mommy Blogs Stylish [Racked]