Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The event's hosts, Molly Sims and Rachel Zoe. Photo via Super Saturday.
- Santa Monica's Barkar Hangar was filled with nearly 100 designer brands, offering serious savings on apparel, accessories, beauty, home goods and more.
- Luxe fashion house Versace, Kenneth Cole, eyewear brand Ivory Mason and LA labels like Clover Canyon, Haute Hippie, Planet Blue, Trina Turk, Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent, Gorjana and Dogeared Jewelry were just some of the apparel and accessories bran
- Creative little ones kept themselves busy at the P.S. Arts Kids' Craft Area.
- Guests indulged in gratis manicures and makeup touches from L'Oreal, brow styling from Shapes Brow Bar, and blowouts from DreamDry Salon.
- The JCPenney lounge before guests invaded its sun-protecting roof.
- Former Saved By the Bell star Tiffani (Amber!) Thiessen demonstrates her mixing skills during a cooking class. Photo via Super Saturday.
- Decades boutique owner Cameron Silver coached guests on taking the perfect selfie at the JCPenney photo booth.
- We had to get a full shot of Silver's seriously amazing suit by designer Stella Jean.
- Celeb stylist Rachel Zoe signed copies of her latest tome, Living in Style, at Kitson's booth. We overheard her calling this young fan "a prodigy"—wonder what he said.
- Shoppers refueled with delish grub from Hollywood's Lexington Social House. Throughout the event, Fiji water provided non-stop rounds of bottled aqua to keep shoppers hydrated.
- LA's BoBo House was in, uh, the house, offering their super-soft Parisian-inspired tees and sweaters for $30 to $70 a pop.
- Cameron Silver's curated collection of luxe vintage finds included bags by Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton and more.
- Jeans junkies had plenty to choose from: Hudson, Koral Jeans, DL1961 Premium Denim and Joe's Jeans were just a few brands offering major denim deals.
- Kate Spade NY and her little sister brand, Saturday, offered a whopping 50% off their colorful merch.
- Robert Kardashian's sock brand Arthur George held court at the event, as did his sisters' boutique, DASH, which was just a few booths away.
- The Honest Company's shaded spot was buzzing with parents and kids later in the afternoon.
- ELLE creative director Joe Zee and designer Rachel Roy. Photo via @mrjoezee/Instagram
- Future fashion designers (and their parents) created their own looks at the Stitched Fashion Camp.
- Prepster brand Vineyard Vines' happy pink whale mascot was a hit among pint-sized and adult-sized guests.
- As if all the intense retail therapy wasn't burning enough calories, some shoppers opted for a pedaling break at SoulCycle's booth.
- We couldn't resist snapping these adorable kitty shoes at jelly shoe brand Melissa's booth.
- Shoppers enjoyed plenty of sweet treats, including sugary bites from It'Sugar. Their booth was definitely a crowd-pleaser.
- Hunters Alley's swanky mid-century modern man cave was loved by both ladies and gents.
- Pussy and Pooch's dog park was perfect for four-pawed guests.
As seen in the Hamptons' starry Super Saturday bash, even famous folks will brave face-melting heat for a good designer deal—especially when it involves a charitable cause. The NYC-bred shopping spree invaded Santa Monica's Barkar Hangar for its first-ever (and much breezier) West Coast installment to benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, drawing out celebs like Glee's Jenna Ushkowitz, newbie Angeleno/designer Rachel Roy and more.
Hosted by celeb stylist Rachel Zoe and model Molly Sims (and their respective beaus, Rodger Berman and Scott Stuber), the massive kid- and pup-friendly event offered serious savings on nearly 100 designer apparel, accessories and fitness brands, including LA's own Jenni Kayne, Rachel Pally, Show Me Your Mumu, Lovers + Friends, BoBo House and much, much more. In between spending seshes, shoppers indulged in gratis beauty pampering and perfected the art of the selfie courtesy of vintage king and Decades boutique owner Cameron Silver, while pint-sized attendees enjoyed plenty of hands-on activities. Check out more from the day-long affair and see photos after the jump.
· Super Saturday [Official Site]
· NYC's Super Saturday Shopping Party Comes to LA Next Month [Racked]