Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- All images via @dr_woo_ssc/Instagram
- Silver Lake artist and Saint Laurent
- Jewelry designer and beauty lover, Pamela Love Favorite thing to draw? "Lettering and birds." Least
- Jeweler Kate Albrecht of Mr. Kate What's the secret behind your fine line technique
- Made Fashion Week co-founder Jenné Lombardo If you weren't a tattoo artist, what would you be doing? "I'd be a concert violinist."
- Designer Cassandra Kellogg of Minimale Animale You have great personal style. Where do y
- International superblogger Chiara Ferragni What's your most prized item in your close
In case you missed it, last month we mapped LA's best shops for stylish tattoos. One must-visit parlor on our list was the legendary Mark Mahoney's Shamrock Social Club on Sunset, where rising star Dr. Woo produces jaw-dropping body art for fashion stars like Erin Wasson and Pamela Love.
In addition to leading the tattoo game with his intricate single-needle work and one-of-a-kind designs, this 33-year-old Angeleno is also an impeccable dresser with an affinity for leather jackets, top-buttoned shirts and crisp fedoras. We caught up with Woo—who also has an equally stylish wife named Jayme and son name Lyon McQueen—to talk skills and shopping.
What's your minimum charge and how long is the waiting list?
"The minimum is $200 and the book is closed for the year, but will open soon for bookings in January 2015."
· Shamrock Social Club [Official Site]
· 10 LA Shops for Stylish Tattoos, From Dainty to Dramatic [Racked]