Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
As mentioned, Sophia Amoruso is hitting up The Grove's Barnes & Noble tonight to sign copies of her debut book, #GIRLBOSS. The Nasty Gal founder has some exciting tricks up her sleeve for the appearance, including a cameo by fellow Lucky FABB speaker Nicole Richie. Given that this event is sure to be as jam-packed as Gwyneth Paltrow's book signing last year and Barneys' Cronut launch back in March, here's a cheat sheet on how to prep for tonight's wristbanded festivities.
1. Go get your wristband now. As of right this second, wristbands for the signing line are available with purchase of the book at Barnes & Noble. (You need to buy the book in order to score a wristband.) Wristbands will be distributed until they run out. We suggest swinging by no later than 2pm.
2. The event opens at 6pm. Although the actual festivities kick off at 7pm, B&N invites fans to start lining up an hour prior. (Diehards will likely be there way before then, so get their early if you're competitive.)
3. Nicole will be interviewing Sophia. Really! Expect lots of #GIRLBOSS-y behavior. Excited yet?
4. Photography will be permitted. Make sure your selfie game is on-point.
5. Sophia will sign books after the talk. She'll be personalizing by first name, too. If you have a particularly difficult name to spell, bring a piece of paper with your name already written on it to ensure accuracy.
Good luck! We'll see you there.
· Sophia Amoruso Brings #GIRLBOSS to The Grove Next Month [Racked]
· Madness! Inside Barneys' Epic Cronuts Pop-Up at The Grove [Racked]
· Gwyneth Brings Whole Family to Her Barnes & Noble Book Signing [Racked]