Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Jewelry from Tiny Armour. Images via Eastside Handmade
- Hand-dyed scarves and textiles from Maricolous
- Stationery from The Slow Season
- Ceramic creatures, kitchenware, home decor and more from Knotwork LA
- Pillows and textiles from Barrington Blue
- Jewelry and home decor from Chaparral Studio
- Jewelry and accessories from Christi Jay
- Jewelry from Nina Savill
- Candles from Laurel Elisabeth
- Wall planters from Flora Wall Design
Thanks to Cali's perpetually perfect temps, LA enjoys a multitude of marketplaces every few months or so, sans the need to bust out the Wellies or windshield snow scrapers. Like Downtown's conceptual bazaar Parachute Market, the vintage mecca that is A Current Affair and shopping party Unique LA, artsy marketplace Eastside Handmade is among the many indie shopping events we circle on our calendars each month. Next week, the event once again invades Racked fave Shopclass for an afternoon of retail therapy in Highland Park.
Happening next Saturday, April 19 from 11am to 4pm, the affair promises over 40 local vendors offering handmade apparel, accessories, home goods, furniture, pottery, decor and more stylish items. After the jump, check out 10 cool finds to expect at the event, from tongue-in-cheek jewelry by Chaparral Studio to adorable ceramic creatures by Knotwork LA and much more.
· Eastside Handmade [Official Site]
· Could Highland Park Be LA's Next Big Indie Shopping Spot? [Racked]
· How to Shop Indie & Sip in Style on Highland Park's York Blvd [Racked]
· Indie Pop-Up Market Eastside Handmade is Back This Saturday [Racked]