Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photos by Ben Patterson
- Jason posing pre-class.
- The WIMBERLEAN resistance bands that we used through the entire workout. (Purchase your own set here!)
- Warm up time. Check out that packed house!
- Jason made sure we were lunging deep...
- ...and defying gravity.
- His own buns of steel were motivation enough. When we appeared to be losing steam, Jason asked us one vital question: "What would Beyoncé do?" She'd #werk, that's what! So, we wiped the sweat off our faces and marched on.
- Jason's visualization tips were also a highlight. During this move he asked us to "pretend that there's a tiny diamond in between your butt cheeks, and the only way to keep it is if you squeeze really tight."
- Perhaps our favorite takeaway was when we learned our new favorite fitness term: "It's time to work off what I call your thass, the little crease between your thighs and ass." Both body parts are really, really sore today, but at lease we're thass-
- Post-workout, students were rewarded with refreshing beverages from Clover Juices.
- Students waiting patiently in line to receive their new WIMBERLEAN DVD and Fabletics swag bags.
- Jason graciously let students grab his famous buns.
- Until next time!
Racked readers who signed up for this past Sunday's Racked Fit Club class were in for a real treat. Not only was the kickass sweat sesh led by 2012 Hottest Trainer contestant Jason Wimberly, but it was also co-hosted by fitness label Fabletics and filled with tons of freebees. That's not all: the event was hosted at a super-secret location, which happened to be West LA's ultra-luxe Equinox Sports Club.
Given that the class doubled as the launch party for Wimberly's new WIMBERLEAN DVD (buy it here starting tonight or tomorrow!), the star trainer served moves straight from the series. The hour-long workout targeted just about every part of our bodies, including the "thass"—Wimberly's name for the pesky crease between the thigh and the ass. This just might be our favorite fitness term, ever.
· Fabletics [Official Site]
· WIMBERLEAN [Official Site]
· All Racked Fit Club Posts [Racked]
· West LA's Ultra-Luxe Equinox Sports Club Is the First of Its Kind [Racked]
· Get Fit & Score Fabletics Gear with Jason Wimberly This Sunday! [Racked]